The Intern Programme has been developed to provide employment opportunities for individuals who have partly qualified or have a desire to become teachers of Speech, Drama and Communication.
The Intern Programme has been developed to provide opportunities for individuals who have partly qualified or have a desire to become teachers of Speech, Drama and Communication.
Individuals offered an internship will have some or all of the following attributes:
· Teaching qualifications/experience.
· Exposure and completion of minimum of Grade 8 Speech NZ or Trinity Guildhall
· Commitment to developing a learning pathway towards a Licentiate Diploma.
· Passion for performing arts (drama and performance)
· Love of literature
· Experience as a performer (amateur or professional)
· Flexible and adaptable
· Time and Self management
· Enjoy working in a team
· Desire to learn and develop
· The ability to inspire and coach
· High standard of personal presentation in the physical appearance and vocal performance.
· High energy and enthusiasm
1. Individuals are identified and offered a place on the programme.
2. An individual learning pathway is agreed with Del Costello and a time frame is planned. This can be committed to in stages of 3 or 4 modules.
3. Individuals observe 10 hours of Tall Poppies Classes with worksheets/discussion on each class at the “group meeting” each week.
4. Individuals are given up to 5 classes per week to teach under the guidance of Del Costello. Class times are by mutual agreement and as students become available.
5. Individual will attend “Study Workshops” relating to the modules they are completing towards the qualification.